Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- 17-40mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras.Diagonal angle of view 104° – 57° 30′
- 3 aspherical lens elements and super UD glass element create superior optics in all conditions, Closest focusing distance : 0.9 feet
- Powerful ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) produces fast and silent autofocusing, Focuses as close as 11 inches; supports screw-in 77mm filters or up to 3 gel filters
Out of stock
Out of stock
Broaden your perspective with the Canon EF 17-40mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens. Ideal for both film and digital SLR cameras, the lens offers three aspherical lens elements in addition to a Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass element, creating superior optics in all conditions. In addition, the lens focuses as close as 11 inches (0.28mm), and offers both Canon’s full-time manual focus and a powerful ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) that produces fast and silent autofocus. Other features include a constant f/4 maximum aperture, the choice of screw-in 77mm filters or a holder in the rear of the lens for up to three gel filters, and optical coatings optimized for use with digital cameras. Boasting weather-resistant construction similar to other high-end L-series cameras, the lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 17-40mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:4
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 104 to 57 degrees (at 30 feet)
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 0.9 feet
- Zoom system: Rotating type
- Filter size: 77mm
- Dimensions: 3.3 inches in diameter, 3.8 inches long
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
A new and affordable L-series ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that’s ideal for both film and digital SLRs. Superior optics are assured by the use of three Aspherical lens elements, in addition to a Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element. Optical coatings are optimized for use with digital cameras. This lens focuses as close as 11 inches (0.28m), and offers both Canon’s full-time manual focus and a powerful ring-type USM for fast and silent AF. It has a constant f/4 maximum aperture, and offers the choice of screw-in 77mm filters or a holder in the rear of the lens for up to three gel filters. Finally, it offers weather-resistant construction similar to other high-end L-series lenses.
About half the price of the 16-35 f/2.8 lens, this L-series lens has an entirely new optical design with three Aspherical elements and a Super UD-glass element. The combination provides superb contrast and sharpness, even at the widest settings. It’s ideal for both film and digital SLRs, and features the same weather-resistant design, rear gel filter holder, and high-speed Ultrasonic Motor as the EF 16-35mm lens.