TikTok After Ban in Nepal
Before diving into the technical solutions, let’s understand the backdrop. As of November 13, 2023, the Nepalese government has officially banned TikTok, citing concerns about social cohesion, national unity, and inappropriate content. This ban has had a significant impact, especially on small content creators and businesses that heavily relied on the platform for their livelihood and outreach. Let’s discuss about dns setting for TikTok.
However, as they say, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Let’s explore how you can continue enjoying TikTok in Nepal without resorting to VPNs.
Quick and Easy DNS Settings For TikTok
For iPhone Users:
- Start with Wi-Fi Settings: Head to your iPhone’s settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Modify the Wi-Fi Settings: Tap the “i” icon next to your connected Wi-Fi network.
- Head to DNS Configuration: Select ‘Configure DNS’.
- Switch to Manual: Choose ‘Manual’ and then ‘Add Server’.
- Enter DNS Server Address: Input Cloudflare (126.96.36.199) or Google’s (188.8.131.52) DNS addresses.
- Save Your New Settings: Don’t forget to save the changes you’ve made.
For Android Users:
- Access the Settings Menu: Navigate to your Android device’s settings.
- Find Network Settings: Select ‘Network and Internet’.
- Locate Private DNS: Choose the ‘Private DNS’ option.
- Enter DNS Provider Details: You can use any of these – 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com, dns.google, or p2.freedns.controld.com.
- Save and Enjoy: Apply the changes to save the new DNS settings.
Alternatively, Android users can also follow this approach:
- First Setting: Navigate to Setting >> WiFi >> IP Settings >> Static >> DNS1 – 8888 and DNS2 8844.
- Second Setting: Go to Setting >> More Connections >> Private DNS >> Host Name >> dns.quad9.net.
Note: If it doesn’t work, try restarting your router, or put your phone on airplane mode, and try again after turning airplane mode off.
Bonus: This will also unblock all porn sites so if you want to keep blocking porn then use
For Windows Users:
- Open the Start Menu: Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Access Settings: Click the gear-shaped icon above the power button.
- Go to Network & Internet: Select ‘Network & Internet’.
- Change Adapter Options: Click ‘Change adapter options’ under Advanced network settings.
- Choose Connection: Right-click on the connection (WiFi or Ethernet) you want to change the DNS for.
- Open Properties: Select ‘Properties’.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4): Click on it and then select ‘Properties’.
- Use Specific DNS Server Addresses: Click the radius next to ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- Enter DNS Addresses: Enter a primary and a secondary DNS server address.
- Save Changes: Click ‘OK’ to apply the changes.
For Mac Users:
- Open System Preferences: Click the Apple icon and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Select Network: Choose ‘Network’.
- Choose Connection: Select the network connection you want to modify.
- Open Advanced Settings: Click ‘Advanced’.
- Go to DNS Tab: Select the ‘DNS’ tab.
- Add DNS Addresses: Click the plus icon (+) and enter new DNS addresses. Add both a primary and secondary DNS address.
- Apply Changes: Click ‘OK’, then ‘Apply’ to save the settings
How to use Tiktok After Ban: The VPN Alternative
While changing DNS is a straightforward method, using a VPN is another popular way to bypass content restrictions. VPNs create a secure, encrypted tunnel for your internet traffic, masking your location and allowing access to region-restricted content like TikTok. However, this often comes with a cost for unlimited data and consistent performance.
- Read this article on how to use TikTok after the ban with VPN: How to use Tiktok in Nepal after Ban?
Wrapping Up: Ethics and Legalities
While these methods can help bypass the TikTok ban in Nepal, it’s crucial to stay informed about the legal and ethical implications of such actions. Always be aware of the reasons behind governmental bans and the potential risks involved in circumventing them.
Q1: Is it legal to use TikTok with a VPN in Nepal? A1: While the use of VPNs itself is legal, the legality of accessing banned apps may vary. It’s advisable to check local regulations and use VPNs responsibly.
Q2: Are there alternatives to TikTok in Nepal? A2: Yes, several alternatives like Instagram Reels, Snapchat Spotlight, and YouTube Shorts provide similar short-form video experiences.
Q3: Can I use any VPN to access TikTok in Nepal? A3: While there are many VPNs available, it’s recommended to use reputable ones to ensure privacy and security.
Happy TikTok, but remember to tread carefully and responsibly!