Looking for a smartphone that delivers on the essentials without breaking the bank? The Vivo Y21 might just be your perfect match. Released in 2021, it remains a popular choice in South Asian markets like Pakistan, Nepal, India, and Bangladesh, thanks to its combination of affordability and decent performance. But is it still worth it in 2024? Let’s dive into the Vivo Y21 price, pros and cons, specs, and features to help you decide.
Price & Availability:
The Vivo Y21 comes in two storage variants: 4GB RAM + 64GB storage and 4GB RAM + 128GB storage. The latest prices in key South Asian markets are as follows:
|64GB Variant Price
|128GB Variant Price
- Budget-friendly: The Vivo Y21 is one of the most affordable smartphones in its category, making it a great option for budget-conscious buyers.
- Long-lasting battery: The massive 5000mAh battery easily lasts a full day on a single charge, even with moderate usage.
- Decent display: The 6.51-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen offers good clarity and viewing angles for everyday tasks like browsing and watching videos.
- Clean software: The phone runs on Android 11 with Funtouch 11.1, which is relatively bloatware-free and provides a smooth user experience.
- Expandable storage: With a microSD card slot, you can easily expand the storage space for storing photos, music, and apps.
- Limited performance: The MediaTek Helio G35 processor and 4GB RAM are not the most powerful, and may struggle with demanding apps and multitasking.
- Basic camera: The 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera are decent for everyday photos in good lighting, but don’t expect amazing quality.
- No NFC: If you rely on contactless payments or use features like Google Pay, the lack of NFC might be a dealbreaker.
|Good for everyday tasks
|May struggle with demanding apps
|Decent in good lighting
|Not suitable for low-light photography
|Clean and bloatware-free
Specs & Features:
- Display: 6.51-inch HD+ (1600 x 720) IPS LCD
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB (expandable via microSD)
- Rear Camera: 13MP (main) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Operating System: Android 11 with Funtouch 11.1
The Vivo Y21 is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly smartphone with a long-lasting battery and a clean software experience. However, its limited performance and basic camera might not be suitable for power users or photography enthusiasts. If you’re on a tight budget and prioritize basic functionality over high-end specs, the Vivo Y21 is definitely worth considering. But if you can stretch your budget a bit, there are better options available with improved performance and camera capabilities.
- Compare the Vivo Y21 with other smartphones in your budget before making a decision.
- Consider your needs and usage patterns to determine if the Vivo Y21’s specs and features are a good fit.
- Read online reviews and watch video comparisons to get a better sense of the phone’s performance and user experience.
We hope this detailed blog post helps you decide if the Vivo Y21 is the right smartphone for you. Remember, the best phone is the one that meets your needs and budget!
Vivo Y21: A Budget-Friendly Powerhouse? Price, Pros & Cons, Specs in 2024 (Continued)
We’ve covered the basics of the Vivo Y21 in the previous section, but let’s delve deeper into some specific aspects to help you make an informed decision.
Design & Display:
The Vivo Y21 sports a sleek and lightweight design with a plastic back and a plastic frame. While not the most premium-feeling phone, it’s comfortable to hold and comes in attractive gradient colors like Diamond Flare and Midnight Blue. The 6.51-inch HD+ IPS LCD is decent for everyday use, offering good brightness and viewing angles. However, don’t expect the sharpness or vibrancy of higher-resolution displays.
Performance & Software:
The MediaTek Helio G35 processor and 4GB RAM are the main limitations of the Vivo Y21 in terms of performance. While handling basic tasks like browsing, social media, and watching videos is smooth enough, multitasking or running demanding games can lead to lag and stutters. On the software side, the phone runs on Android 11 with Funtouch 11.1, which is a relatively clean and bloatware-free skin. It offers a user-friendly interface and some customization options, but some might find it a bit cluttered compared to stock Android.
The camera system on the Vivo Y21 is basic but adequate for casual photography. The 13MP main sensor captures decent photos in good lighting conditions but struggles with low-light and detail. The 2MP macro and depth sensors are more for gimmick value and don’t offer much functionality. The 8MP front camera is good enough for video calls and selfies, but again, don’t expect amazing quality.
One of the biggest strengths of the Vivo Y21 is its battery life. The massive 5000mAh battery easily lasts a full day on a single charge, even with moderate usage. You might even be able to stretch it to two days if you’re a light user. This makes the Vivo Y21 a great option for those who are always on the go and don’t want to be tethered to a charger.
The Vivo Y21 is a compelling choice for budget-conscious users who prioritize basic functionality and long battery life. At its current price point, it offers good value for money, especially in markets like Pakistan, Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. However, if you’re a power user or photography enthusiast, you’ll likely be disappointed by its limited performance and basic camera. Ultimately, the Vivo Y21 is a solid budget phone with its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Whether it’s the right choice for you depends on your individual needs and priorities.
We hope this expanded and image-rich version of the blog post provides a more comprehensive understanding of the Vivo Y21 and helps you make an informed purchase decision. Remember, the best phone is the one that meets your needs and budget!
Most Asked Questions about Vivo Y21 Price:
1. What is the current price of the Vivo Y21 in Pakistan?
- The 64GB variant of the Vivo Y21 currently costs PKR 36,999 in Pakistan, while the 128GB variant is priced at PKR 39,999.
2. How much does the Vivo Y21 cost in India?
- In India, the Vivo Y21 64GB version is available for INR 14,999, and the 128GB model is priced at INR 16,999.
3. Is the Vivo Y21 worth buying in 2024?
- Whether the Vivo Y21 is worth buying in 2024 depends on your needs and budget. It offers good value for money with its long battery life, clean software, and affordable price. However, its limited performance and basic camera might not be suitable for power users or photography enthusiasts.
4. What are the main pros and cons of the Vivo Y21?
- Budget-friendly price
- Long-lasting battery
- Decent display
- Clean software
- Expandable storage
- Limited performance
- Basic camera
- No NFC
5. Does the Vivo Y21 have good battery life?
- Yes, the Vivo Y21 has excellent battery life thanks to its large 5000mAh battery. It can easily last a full day on a single charge, even with moderate usage.
6. What camera does the Vivo Y21 have?
- The Vivo Y21 has a triple-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 13MP main sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. The front camera is 8MP.
7. How much RAM does the Vivo Y21 have?
- The Vivo Y21 comes with 4GB of RAM, which is sufficient for basic tasks but might not be enough for demanding apps and multitasking.
8. Where can I buy the Vivo Y21?
- You can purchase the Vivo Y21 online from various e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, and Daraz (in Pakistan), and offline from authorized retailers in your country.
These are just some of the most commonly asked questions about the Vivo Y21 price. I hope this information helps!