Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.aliteq.com.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Aliteq’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://www.aliteq.com, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 1 February 2019.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information Stored on a Device
With your consent, we may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or any other device (referred to collectively as a “Device”).
To register for a Aliteq account, you must provide us with your personal information, including your name, email address, and password.
Information collected voluntarily
Information collected automatically
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Why do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- Where necessary to provide you with access to our services, and the Site;
- Where necessary to provide you with interactive features on the Site;
- Where necessary to provide our services to you or for the performance of a contract;
- Where necessary to process and fulfill your orders and returns and exchanges;
- Where necessary to contact you if we have trouble processing your order;
- Where necessary to provide you with customer support and to respond to your requests, comments, questions, or concerns;
- Where necessary to send you information about your order, such as order updates;
- Where necessary to process and manage your subscriptions;
- Where necessary to fulfill your benefits that are associated with your use of our services, such as to award points through our EggPoint loyalty program;
- Where necessary to administer sweepstakes and contests that you have entered into;
- Where necessary to customize your settings;
- Where necessary to send you important notices, such as system notices and alerts, and changes to our terms and conditions, and policies;
- Where necessary to comply with applicable laws and legal obligations;
- Where necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Aliteq;
- Where necessary for our legitimate interest in preventing and detecting fraud, and maintaining security;
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests in enforcing our terms and conditions, and policies;
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests in analyzing and improving the effectiveness of the Site, and our products and services;
- Where you consent to Aliteq sending you our newsletters, special promotions, and offers;
- Where you consent to Aliteq sending you text alerts and/or email notifications;
- Where you consent to Aliteq sending you push notifications on a Device; and
- Where you consent to Aliteq sending you marketing communications, advertisements and other information relating to our products and services.
We will update the date of this document each time it is changed.